GATE 2017 Admit Card – IIT Roorkee has released GATE admit card 2017 on January 4, one day prior to the earlier announced date. Candidates who have successfully submitted their application can download GATE 2017 admit card from GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) window till February 12, 2017. The GATE admit card 2017 will not be sent through post/email therefore candidates must download it within the prescribed dates. The candidate has to bring a colour printed copy of GATE admit card to the test centre along with the original identification card whose number has been given in the application form. Candidates can bring any of the identification proof like Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, Valid College ID, Employee identification card or Driving License but it necessary to carry that id proof whose information was mentioned in GATE application form. Candidates can check below the details on how to download GATE admit card, GATE 2017 admit card,reporting time, examination instructions, etc.
GATE 2017 Examination Schedule
|Session No.||GATE Exam date & Day||Exam Time (IST)||GATE Test Paper Code|
|1||February 4, 2017 (Saturday)||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||ME, AR, TF|
|2||February 4, 2017 (Saturday)||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||ME, AG, GG|
|3||February 5, 2017 (Sunday)||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||EC, BT, CY, EY, PI|
|4||February 5, 2017 (Sunday)||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||EC, AE, MA, MT, PE, PH|
|5||February 11, 2017 (Saturday)||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||CS, EE|
|6||February 11, 2017 (Saturday)||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||CS, EE|
|7||February 12, 2017 (Sunday)||09:00 – 12.00 Hrs. (Forenoon)||CE, CH, MN|
|8||February 12, 2017 (Sunday)||14:00 – 17:00 Hrs. (Afternoon)||CE, IN,|
GATE 2017 Admit Card (GATE 2017 admit card)has been issued to candidates via online process only from 5th January 2017. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a national level examination organized by various IITs across the country on rotation basis. This year (2017), The GATE exam is conducting by the IIT, Roorkee. This examination is conducted for providing admission to students in ME/ M.Tech/ Direct Ph.D and many other programmes. Here in this article, students can check the details regarding GATE Admit Card 2017.(GATE 2017 admit card)
The authority has released the GATE 2017 Admit Card via online mode through the website. Here in this article, we have updated the link above to get the admit card. The admit card will not be sent by email or post method. Candidates are required to take a colored printout of the admit card and bring it along with the original and valid photo identification to the test centre. For photo identification, students can bring any one of these documents like Passport, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, PAN Card, Employee Identification Card, Driving License or College ID.
GATE 2017 Admit Card Date
The GATE 2017 Admit Card has been released on 5th January 2017. The GATE examination will be conducted on 4th, 5th, 11th and 12th of February 2017. Without valid admit card and photo identification proof candidates will not be permitted to sit in the examination.
How to Download gate admit card ?
- Click on the given link to download GATE admit card.
- Enter GATE enrolment ID or email ID provided in GATE application form, Password and Captcha.
- Click ‘Submit’ button after entering the required information.
- GATE 2017 admit card will appear on screen.
- Save soft copy of admit card and take colour printout of the same.
GATE 2017 Admit Card – Click here to download
Photo identification required for GATE 2017:
Photo identification to be taken to exam centre with GATE 2017 Admit Card:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- Valid College ID
- Employee identification issued by concerned companies
- Driving License
For International candidates:
- Government issued ID/College ID/
- Employee ID issued by concerned authority
Highlights of GATE admit card 2017:
- Candidates have to download the GATE admit card as it will not be sent through post.
- GATE 2017 admit Card will have the candidate’s information like exam date, time, slot, registration number, name of candidates, exam paper name, exam centre address and examination instructions.
- After downloading GATE admit card 2017, candidate must carefully examine all the entries made therein. In case of any discrepancy, the candidate must immediately contact the examination authority.
- Candidates must not mutilate the GATE 2017 admit card or change any entry made therein otherwise they will be disqualified and their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates must preserve their GATE admit card 2017 till completion of examination process as it will be required at several stages of admission or recruitment
What to do if you forgot GATE enrollment ID or password?
The steps to retrieve GATE enrollment id and password are mentioned below.
- If you remember the Enrollment ID and forgotten Password, click on “Request for an OTP” to get One Time Password.
- If you already have an OTP, click on “Already have an OTP?” to reset the password.
- If you do not remember the Enrollment ID, click on “Forgot Enrollment ID” to get Enrollment ID via SMS. Candidates have to enter their registered mobile number and email id to retrieve their Enrollment ID.
Instructions on GATE 2017 Admit card (to be followed before entry in the examination center/hall)
- The GATE Admit Card must be presented for verification along with at least one original (not photocopy or scanned copy) valid photo identification proof (for example: valid passport/PAN CARD/Voter ID/Aadhar UID/Valid College ID/Employee ID/Driving License.
- The GATE Admit Card 2017 is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this, please take a clearly legible, preferable colour print-out of this GATE admit card on an A4 sized paper.
- Candidates must report at the examination venue 60 minutes before scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be permitted to appear for the examination only after their credentials are verified by centre officials.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of the examination. Candidates can login and start reading the necessary instructions 20 minutes before start of the examination.
- Candidates are advised to locate the examination centre and its accessibility at least a day before the examination, so that they can reach the centre on time for the examination.
- Candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after 09:30 Hours (IST) in the forenoon session and after 14:30 Hours (IST) in the afternoon Session. This shall be followed strictly and no pleading shall be accepted.
- Candidates will not be permitted to leave the examination hall before the end of the examination.
- A virtual scientific calculator will be available on computer screen during the examination. Personal calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic devices will not be allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall. GATE authorities will not be responsible for safe keep of candidate’s personal belongings.
- Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. A candidate has to write his/her name and registration number on the scribble pad before he/she starts using it. The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the end of the examination.
GATE 2017 admit card FAQs:
Q.1. When will I receive my GATE admit card?
Ans. Admit Card can be downloaded from the GATE websites from January 4, 2017. The admit cards will not be sent by post or as email attachment. The last date for downloading GATE admit card is February 12, 2017.
Q.2. Is the GATE 2017 admit card alone sufficient to gain entry to the exam?
Ans. No. GATE admit card 2017 has to be brought to the test canter along with at least one original (not photocopied/scanned copy) and valid (not expired) photo identification, whose details have been entered while filling the application. Only one of the following photo identifications is permitted: Driving license, Passport, PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhaar UID, valid College ID, Employee Identification Card or driving License. Candidates will not be permitted to take the exam if the original and valid photo identification is not presented.
For International candidates: Only a valid Passport/ Government issued ID/College ID/ Employee ID shall be accepted as the recogized identification.
Q.3. Is it necessary to take colour printout of GATE admit card 2017?
Ans. The admit card is valid only if the candidate’s photograph and signature images are legible. To ensure this candidates must take colour print out of GATE 2017 admit card on an A4 size paper
Q.4. When should I reach to my exam centre?
Ans. Candidates must report at the examination venue before the scheduled commencement of the examination. They will be permitted to appear for examination only after their credentials are verified by centre officials.
- Candidates will be permitted to occupy their allotted seats 35 minutes before the scheduled start of examination.
- Candidates can login and start reading the necessary instruction 20 minutes before the start of examination
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 09:30 am in the morning session and 02:30 pm in afternoon session
- Candidates will not be allowed to leave examination hall before the end of the examination
Q.5. What should I carry with me to my exam centre?
Ans. Candidates do not have to carry any electronic gadgets like calculator, mobile phones or any textual materials or rough sheets expect admit card and valid photo id proof. A virtual scientific calculator will be available on computer screen during the exam. Personal calculator, mobile phones or any other electronic devices are not allowed in the examination hall. Candidates should not bring any charts/tables/papers into the examination hall.
Q.6. Will I get rough sheet in GATE exam?
Ans. Scribble pads will be provided to candidates for rough work. Candidates have to write their name and registration number on the scribble pas before start using it. The scribble pad must be returned to the invigilator at the ends of examination.
Q.7. What should I do if my signature and photograph is blurred or not properly visible in GATE admit card?
Ans. Candidates are advised to thoroughly check their GATE 2017 admit card after downloading it. If candidate’s signature or photograph is blurred or not properly visible then they must contact respective GATE zonal centres at earliest. Candidates have to mail their admit card along with request for required modification.
Q.8. Is it necessary to preserve my GATE 2017 admit card?
Ans. Yes, it is necessary to preserve GATE admit card. Candidates have to keep their GATE 2017 admit card because its score is valid for three years. The GATE 2017 admit card will be required at the time of applying for M. Tech admission and PSUs recruitment. Also, candidates have to present their admit card at the time of M. Tech admission or at PSUs selection process.
Q.9. What is the exam schedule of GATE 2017?
Ans. The examination schedule of GATE 2017 is given below.
Q.10. What is GATE 2017 mock test and how to take it?
Ans. Mock Tests is a replica of actual test designed to help candidates to familiarize with actual exam. Mock test helps in analyzing the preparation, exam taking and time management strategy. Candidates appearing for GATE 2017 are advised to take mock test so to know their strong and weak areas. The GATE Mock Test 2017 has been released by examination authority IIT Roorkee.
Gate 2017 Important Dates :-
|1.||Download of admit card||From January 4, 2017|
|2.||Exam dates||February 4, 5, 11 & 12, 2017|
|3||Result announcement||March 27, 2017|
|4||Download of score card||March 27 to May 26, 2017|